CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Welcome Claire Suzan Rybij!




The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

March 10th 2008 at 10:23 p.m., and weighing 7lbs 4oz. I have been so excited waiting for this, and while I know I am not alone in that fact, I am the one writing the blog. (so there!) I have been just waiting for this and she is finally here. My little sister, the baby of our family, the one we once upon a time swore would eat her own young, has added another blessing to our family. She is beautiful, and perfect and she is my first official niece. I have 3 nephews whom I love, but they had Uncle Warren before they had me. I inherited them when I married Warren, and while I know they love me, they LOVE Uncle Warren, and I dare say at times worship him. My sister has a bond with my girls that I marvel at, and in fact sometimes I think that I somehow got Patti's baby, as Ellie can be soooo much like her. I have always wanted that, and this is my chance.
Ellie is beside herself as well. She got to go to the hospital (or hosibal) and visit Claire and Aunt Patti. She even got to hold Claire, and she was singing, rocking and humming to her (so adorable). Ellie already has plans to teach Claire about butterflies, caterpillars and flowers. And while in the hospital, she told us all about how the nurses pinched her baby Claire out of her belly, and it made her feet and leggies itch (??). I get a lot of Ellie-isms in my day, and I have to say these did really make me smile.

Jamie and Patti are going to be amazing parents to Claire, as they are to Paityn (who is 8), and I already sense a calm about them that I didn't have when we first brought Ellie home. I am so happy for their little family, Congratulations, we love you all!

1 comments:

Leah said...

I love that quote!

Warren was so cute when he was here...wishing he was there.

I know what you mean about marrying in after they already love their uncle. Who can top Scott and Warren?!