CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ellie's Big Debut



This past Sunday I sang at our church. I have done this since I was 14 years old, and went back to it this year after a baby sabbatical. I brought Ellie to church with me, thinking my Nana would be there to sit with her. Nana didn't make it to church this Sunday, so what was I to do with Ellie? We got her a stool to sit on and her own microphone (upon her request). (no chord attached to hers). Ellie was beside herself happy. She sat there and sang every single song, she was so proud of herself, it was hysterical. For some reason, Ellie has a huge affection for any Alleluia. This past Sunday, I was canting the Alleluia. As I was trying to sing, all I could hear was Ellie singing behind me full voice, I couldn't concentrate on what I was singing because it was so distracting, but more than that, I was trying not to laugh and kind of a little choked up all at the same time. Ellie sang every single song, making up words and singing loudly the entire time. At one point, I had to ask her to sing a little more quietly, and she told me, "No, I like to sing loud." The whole congregation could hear her, and many of them commented on how much they enjoyed her singing after mass was finished, and she ate it up. And although I was a little sweaty after mass was over, it is a memory that I will cherish forever. She told me today that she wants to sing like me, (it made me feel so good) I told her she can do anything she wants to do, and she said, "can I sing at church too?" Take that Hannah Montana!




Oh...and just a little Ellie-ism for you....She is just learning to bless herself, and the other day randomly wanted to show me that she could do it all by herself. "In the name of the father, son, holy effearament, amen." (I think she thinks spirit, is experiment) I had to stifle a laugh long enough to get out of earshot and then called just about everyone to tell them.


0 comments: