CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hannah Montana


I have discovered that pop culture invades life as early as 3. I am really amazed, and I guess slightly scared. The other day, while giving the girls a tubbie, Ellie informed me she wants to be like Hannah Montana. (pronounced Hannah Onhannah) STOP. My 3 year old knows that someone else lives a life that she does not. I collect myself, and ask her, "what is it that you would like to be or do like Hannah Montana?" The answer, "I want to sing like her" OK I think, I can handle that, admiration of talent completely acceptable. "I want to have a lot of shoes like she does, I like her clothes, and I like the way she talks." I don't think I can handle this. It completely freaks me out that she is cognizant of this person as something to be. Help! Am I overreacting?

I think from now on I will stick to singing our Bob Marley tunes in the tub, no more deep discussions, I can't handle it.

0 comments: