CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Erie County Fair











Warren took the day off of work on Friday August 15th and we went to the fair. The buildings opened at 10, and the midway around 11 so we went as early as possible to get everything possible in. What you have to understand about our family is that we live a very scheduled life, and that is by choice. I am known as the Nap Nazi in my family, and truthfully, I am OK with that. Warren and I decided to throw the schedule out the window the day of the fair, and just let the girls and their moods rule our day.
The girls LOVED the animals, and especially Gracie who has this thing for ducks and geese. I don't know what that is about, but it's amusing to me, especially when she makes animal noises back at the animals. Ellie's favorite this year were probably still the bunnies, although one time she was asked she said it was the turkey, so who knows.
The only rides poor Gracie could go on were the Ferris wheel and the carousel, so that was kind of tough for her, she spent a lot of time watching her big sister on the rides from the wagon. But she did LOVE the carousel, and cried when it was over the last time we went on.

Ellie is such a big girl. She will go on ANYTHING! I was so impressed with her, she was not afraid of anything, and most of the rides she had to go on alone! Check out the picture of her on the jumping apparatus (I don't know what it's called, she is harnessed in and attached to giant rubber band like things). She went on without a second of hesitation, and she did awesome! She even managed to get some flips in the air like the other kids!
So, we stayed until 3:00 with no naps! Now, I am not saying that I am throwing the schedule out the window, or that the day went without a meltdown or 3 (each). But, I am glad that we didn't put time limits on things, because it really was worth it at the end of the day! Poor Gracie is still having a hard time with not taking her morning nap, she is usually asleep by 12:30 for her afternoon one anymore. She was falling asleep sitting up, in the wagon on the way out, then decided to use her sister as a pillow.






1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should get that picture of Gracie and Warren and the horse framed and hang it next to the one of Warren and Ellie. For a second I wondered why you were posting pictures from a couple years ago! What gorgeous photos. Miss you!