CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 8, 2008

An Interview With Ellie Marie Herdic


What is your favorite color? Blue

What is your favorite toy? My bike

What was the best place you went recently? George’s (hot dog stand) with Papa

Who is your best friend? Uncle Chris, Aunt Sarah, and Lola

What is the newest thing you learned how to do? Eat popcorn with daddy, sleep in my sleeping bag at Grammy and Grampa’s house, gymnastics (pronounced b-nastics). Ride my bike and swim.

Could you tell me about learning to swim? I kick my legs up and down, and I put my face in the water, and I totally, totally freaked out. I wear my special jacket so I don’t
sink down. I use my shovels like Aunt Sarah taught me to do.

What else do you like to play? I like to play with Leah (our next door neighbor). I learned to lay down on Daddy on the tire swing, and I love him super, super much.

Tell me something you are really good at? Singing at church
Would you like to tell me about that? I like singing on the microphone, that’s it. Maybe I will tell you more tonight

Who lives the farthest away from you? Daddy seems the farthest away right now

What is something special that Daddy does with you? Swims in the pool with me and brings me teenies (Tim Horton's Tim Bits). Tomorrow is it going to be teenie time? I ate the bite of a plumb at the store with Daddy, and we watch movies together.

Gracie is…Gracie Salbatrebis Herdic (Salvatrice is Grace's middle name after Warren's Grandmother)

Sadie is…a schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle mix) and a puppy, and she is little and she doesn’t know better

Ellie loves…teenies, tomorrow is it going to be teenie time and daddy is going to stay here? huh huh huh?

What kind of things do you do that make you a big girl? I wish I could get a clock. I can button my own buttons, put my shoes on, lay down in the tubbie and get my hair washed by myself.

What kind of things do you teach Gracie? Lie down in the tub, and kick in the tub, and to do training on the potty.

What is your favorite dinner to eat? Peanut butter sandwich

What is your favorite TV show? Hannah Montana

What is your favorite song? Alleluia

What kind of job are you going to have when you get big? Make cookies by myself
What kind of work are you going to do? Go to work with Daddy

Why do you want to go to school so badly? To do a hundred stuff there, blocks, and they have…I want to learn how to do everything.

What else would you like people to know?
You do so many things with me, you play with me and you do things with me, and take me outside and clean the camper and the pool and the house.

Is there anything else?
Oh yeah…we went to Bridget’s house and we swim in the pool, and what pool did they have? Oh a big pool. They have lots of toys and we played on their playground, Mr. John made it, I wish we could have one like that, Mrs. Barb said no playing on the old one, cuz its broken. We had dinner and it was D-D-elicious, I ate everything, and then we had an ice cream cone like I had with Papa at his new house in Florida. They have a bounce house and it is so high, Bridget bonked me, and Josh pushed me.

What did Daddy bring home that night? CAMPER! When you go camping, you go there and make a fire and eat marshmallows and you sleep in your sleeping bag and there are bugs there, and dragon flies there…


Yet another classic Ellie-ism: (as per Mom)I had a meeting with Bill, the director of the Boys and Girls Club regarding me running a summer reading program for them. I called Warren on my way home and he asked me how I made out. Later that afternoon, Ellie was getting ready for her nap, and said to me, “Mommy were you making out with Bill today? When I get big, can I make out with Bill too?” She is always good for at least one a day, and that was particularly good.

0 comments: